SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I RAINBOWED MY BOOK SHELF!!!

#nofilter

Is it not glorious? Ever since I was a child I have been obsessed with rainbows. It seems so visually pleasing to me and I would always draw them or buy stickers. Thus love of rainbows led to 1. my love of gay people and 2. me wanting my shelf to be rainbowed.
And I know some people can not stand to have their shelfs like this, needing to be all librarian-like and have things in alphabetical order and what not and do not get me wrong, I am like that with most things. But here are a few reasons why I made my shelf this way:

  1. Each shelf on my book shelf is a different size. Some are tall and others can't even hold a regular sized paperback standing up. (I'm looking at you 3rd shelf!) So if I were to put things in alphabetical order, my tall books would not fit on the top shelf. Where are my Mortal Instruments books supposed to go?
  2. I have some series that start in paperback and then the new releases are hardcover. The uneven high differences bother me and the constant up and down movement do too. Even though this is not perfectly even, it is the best I can do with over 300 books and one shelf.
  3. Like I said I have 300 plus book, so having to play Tetris with my books is the only way I can fit all these books on my shelves
  4. Its purdy
And I know I do now have all my series together, but in most cases I do not but sequels unless I have finished the first book and then I will proceed to buy the proceeding installments. (Exceptions include if someone bought me the book or if the book is on sale.)
I added some lights to make it all pretty and what not. Below is the transformation of my shelves from a year ago to today for shits and giggles.
I am currently reading The Silence of Six by E. C. Myers and I am loving it. Expect a review soon!

Thanks hons!
Lee Chand



10 comments :

  1. I want to try doing that to my bookshelf but I just can't separate the series from one another. #booknerdproblems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah
    You have a beautiful collection of books :D
    wish i could collect like u do *_*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a collection! I always wanted to rainbow my shelf, but I can't stand having my series all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This looks awesome! Bookshelf goals!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could shelf my books like this but I hate separating books in a series from each other!

      Delete
  5. Love your collections and esp. how colorful it looks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your collection! And I loved Lux!

    ReplyDelete